.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Item of the Day:: Planter Table by Emily Wettstein

I'm not getting any exercise. After the terribly long and cold winter, I made myself promise to run several miles a day. Now that spring has arrived, I still haven't upheld this declaration. I've been walking. Slowly. There are too many glorious tulips to see. Cut tulips don't seem to last that long and there isn't enough impact when potted for the indoors. And then I came across this:

Emily Wettstein's Table.


The 25-year old Brooklyn resident created this reclaimed timber and metal dining table she designed for her graduate school application.


A pair of reclaimed walnut planks raised in 1/4" sheets of steel. The sinuous, elliptical shaped opening between the planks reveals a Lucite planter underneath -- very unexpected. (And very feminine.) I love the rough rigid rusted steel sheets (very masculine) juxtaposed by the warm patina of the curving wood, and then finished off with the textural lushness of the grass. This is where I'd plant my tulips. See more of her stuff HERE ; (all images from her site). Down, down kitty!