.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Kreative Blogger


With humble thanks to Little Augury and Art By Karena for passing the Kreativ Blogger award to me. As I will pass it on. The conditions are: list 7 things about yourself that readers might not know, and then nominate 7 other bloggers.

Me:
1. I become paralyzed by the smallest decisions, but when I finally make one I do NOT want to hear: "are you sure?"



2. My favorite color since I was three has been navy. It was my favorite one in the crayon box. My parents moved to a new house when I was four, and my mom asked me what color room I wanted. I said navy. Instead I got baby blue and my brother got navy. To this day baby blue makes me mad.


3. When I was a kid I wanted to be an animator. I used to carefully study the Looney-Tunes cartoons on Saturday morning TV. My drawing skills peaked when I was 12 and I have never been able to surpass that point. As an adult, I wanted to be a furniture designer. I worked towards that goal for years; my life took a series of sudden and sharp turns taking me away from this path.


4. I truly do not understand why some people present themselves as something they are not. Be true. Be yourself. Even if it is painful. Reality is much more complex, rich and interesting.



5. Sometimes I wish I could believe in God.



6. I love to sip a thick, chocolaty cold pint of Guinness. I have difficulties seeing my westie, Billy, as a dog rather than a little person. I still horribly miss my other westie, Tula. Somehow these three loves go together. Each, without fail, makes me feel warm and happy.


Thomas Hart Benton, Homeward Bound (1944)

7. I was born and raised in the Midwest. I first left the area when I was 17 and swore I would never return. I came back. I left three more times and even to another country. Some major incident in life always brought me back. Each time I returned, I said it would only be temporary. No matter where I have lived or different and strange places I have seen, I realized that nothing is as promising and full of possibilities as a brilliant pink Midwestern sky.

Of course as a Libra, I deliberated and wanted to be fair in passing this torch onto 7 others. I chose each one for very, very different reasons:




* Image of me, in fact, after 4 pints of Guinness.